Sunday 27 November 2011

Love Speech

Bye Mom Bye Dad Love you
Bonjour, Talofa, Hello. What is the role of love in our lives today? Love is a broad subject. It can take forever to talk about it. However, I am going to focus on THREE things.

1st. What does love mean to me?
2nd.How I show love?
3rd. How does love help you and me?


When I hear the word love, I immediately think of things that I love so much. (For example I would think about my family and relatives. Or sometimes I may think about food that I love.)
Soooo… Love is beauty. There’s a saying that goes, ‘The world is full of beauty, when the heart is full of love.’ Yes, love is beauty. It decorates your life with positive and warm feelings of reaching out. Our eyes are attracted to the beauty of flowers, the beauty of a newborn baby, the beauty of nature, the beauty of things people make, the beauty of toys, the beauty of styles, the beauty of colours, the beauty of smiles, the beauty of gifts. The ears are attracted to the beauty of music, the beauty of words, and the beauty of sound. But the heart is attracted to the beauty of love. All these things bring beauty to the world because they represent one word---Love.

When I’m showing love I always do a lot of things that will represent it. I always do these things just to show how much I love this person.
Therefore Love is not selfish. Love makes you think of other people. It makes you serve others. It makes you share. It makes you listen. It makes you understand and respect others feelings. I have come to learn when I think of others, when I share, when I do little acts of service, I get the same thing back and it seems I get more than I give more things, more attention, and more loved. At home, I used to do things because my parents tell me to do them. But when I understand it is better to do something because you love that person, I do not wait to be told. I surprise them sometimes by making them breakfast. I write little notes to thank them and tell them I love them. I clean their room, I help my dad in the kitchen, I iron my own uniforms sometimes, I clean the house and I share my lunches and things with my friends because of love. Because of that, I found myself growing.

Now Love is something that will change your life upside down. It will help us by getting a better life, better education and everything that is needed to be changed. Love will help you even though you don’t believe that it will. But trust me it will always help you or me in life.
Love builds a person. It makes you grow. It makes you want to do more, and the more you give, the more you get. It makes you grow to love others more than your own self. It makes you grow to appreciate what you have. Love makes you grow to become a better person. Too often hear these simple words ‘I love you’ at home, either my parents saying it to each other, or to me, it builds my parents’ trust for each other, and my trust in them. It builds a safe and a loving home for me. And because of that, I’m growing up knowing I can always look forward to go home so I can hear it over and over again and feel it.

 Love is a really big thing that I will or have experience and I will always show love in my life especially at home or when there is special occasions. Last of all Love will always help you in life and sometimes it may be a key to open or lock doors. Having said all these things, I therefore say, Love is beauty, it is not selfish, and it builds you up.
Thank you for listening. Tofa Soifua!

No comments:

Post a Comment